Many a times, companies forget that customer service is a key factor for successfully running their businesses. It is not an alternative and shouldn’t be overlooked especially during discounts, sale periods or promotional offers. Infact, the best way to make a positive impression on your customer, is to provide outstanding customer service during sale periods.
Slow moving lines, half-empty shelves and unavailability of sizes can be quite disheartening for your customers, and usually these are the most observed drawbacks during a promotion. It is essential that there is no compromise made when it comes to customer service and customer experience. As opposed to the general perception, a little cautiousness and discretion can certainly enhance the overall experience of a customer during a sale period.
- If the display has more to offer than expected, it will certainly grab the attention of your customers and delight them. No one likes to see exhausted racks, unavailable sizes and left over stock on display.
- Customer service should be at its best; smiling faces, pleasant attitude and helpful yet uninterrupting attendants. Always remember that the crowd during sales will anyway distress your customers and hence it is the duty of the staff to make it an enjoyable experience.
- Sales are the best way to acquire new customers so ensure that your offerings as well as services are at the peak during this period.
- Make sure you are always on the lookout for suggestions. If someone is complaining, take notice so that the next time you know where to improve.
- People hate waiting in queues. Try to avoid queuing up customers, get as many counters as possible and make sure everyone is moving.
Communication is the key to efficient customer service. Make sure you take a feedback from your customers and implement their suggestions wherever there is scope for improvement. And like it’s said, a great customer experience can be an effective form of advertising.